The new technology trends in facility management with regard to the most important intersections of FM and PropTech will be discussed by:
– Lara Paemen – EMEA director, International Facility Management Association
– Maciej Wisniewski – CEO Loredo Res
– Simon Ashworth – researcher, ZHAW IFM Switzerland
– Ondrej Strup, IFMA fellow – founder of FM Institute (Czech Republic).
The panel discussion will be moderated by Milan Bogár, founder of PropTech Slovakia and director of FM Institute Slovakia.
Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
When new international ISO standard for facility management was published in 2018, in its press release, ISO referred to report of CBRE on top ten trends in FM. According to the report, half of the top ten trends were represented by some kind of new digital technologies or data driven processes:
– Managed workspace and co-working
– Personalisation of retail via online channels (rise of virtual retail spaces)
– Smart workspaces
– Data driven decision making process
– The rise of robots
The latest rise and development of digital tools was also accelerated by global pandemy, which inter alia moved large amount of human workforce to homes and thus workplaces must have become even more flexible and virtual. New cleaning methods, increasing demand for contactless technologies or real time monitoring of movement in digital twins safeguarding six feet economy, these are just a couple of examples of new technologies in FM.
Lara is the Director for IFMA in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region. In this role, she is the link between IFMA’s HQ in Houston, Texas and IFMA’s Chapters in the region and responsible for the EMEA strategy of IFMA. She is also a member of the European Advisory Board.
Before joining IFMA, she acquired 17 years of experience as a Strategic Workplace Consultant and Change manager working on missions in Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Spain, UK, and Serbia.
Maciej Wiśniewski – CEO and co-owner at LOREDO Real Estate Solutions (RES) – is responsible for the company`s development in Poland and abroad. Maciej, as an enthusiast of innovation and new solutions, together with the entire LOREDO RES team, is focused on development of new models supporting building management by using the new technologies. The first of the implemented solutions is BIM4FM concept, which combines processes, technologies and new business models supporting property owners.
Maciej has many years of experience in the Real Estate and Facility Management areas. He gained experience working for over 10 years in international corporations, such as Sodexo and Apleona HSG, where he was responsible for the development of business, new products and services, he has supervised implementation and marketing activities, and also managed procurement processes.
Maciej graduate the Warsaw University of Technology, has a property management license and is President of the Board of IFMA Polska Chapter (International Facility Management Association).
Institute of Facility Management, ZHAW, Wädenswil, Switzerland
- Teaching on Facility Management MSc and BSC degree programmes at ZHAW
- Specialist research areas: Digitisation of FM and BIM
- PhD focused on the role of FM in BIM projects with with Liverpool John Moores University
- Previous education: “MSc in FM”, “MSc in Engineering & Business Management” and a “BEng in Civil Engineering”
- Working in research projects focused on helping facility managers to engage with the BIM process, BIM objects and FM criteria, data capture techniques including laser scanning
- Chair of IWFM BIM Collaboration & Tools working group working with ISO 267 WG6 to develop new standard “Technology in Facility Management”
· EuroFM Researcher of the year 2017
· Member of: IWFM, IFMA Schweiz, FMPro Schweiz
· Linked-In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-ashworth-9783159
· Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Simon_Ashworth2
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimonJAshworth
Ondrej Strup, IFMA Fellow
- Senior Consultant at Hein Consulting CZ (A management consultancy supporting clients in the area of Facility Management, Technology and People Management)
- Principal lecturer at FM Institute (Education and Research company)
- Director of CEE countries of FMCC
- Founder of IFMA CZ
- 2 times President of IFMA CZ
- Honor Chair of IFMA CZ
- Ex Vice Chair of EuroFM
- Member of TC EN 15221 and TC ISO 410000 (work-groups for development of international standards for facility management)